So it happened, I finally put on weight after 7 months of going strong with losses. I guess it had to happen at some point, I just for once think I didn’t go in believing I had put on weight which made it worse.
My thinking ( and I hate it to seem like I’m making excuses) is that I could really put it down to a couple of reasons.
- Water retention- a 29degree day outside which meant that I spent most of the day drinking bottle upon bottle of water.. or
- I’m finally getting muscle and even tho the definition is still hiding, it’s there somewhere.
I’m now feeling a wee bit glum. I don’t like thinking that I’ve failed, and that’s exactly what it feels like. Don’t get me wrong, I’m still tracking and I’m still exercising because I know that in the end I’m going to be more annoyed with myself not reaching my goal, then if I have a small blip every now and then.
I know that given the chance I could lose what I gained and more at the next weigh in, however I am going to a cider festival this weekend so that might make it a tad difficult. It will be fun having a day out and maybe I will just relax a bit more. I’m going to the gym in the morning, got a combat class booked and everything. This should help limit the damage, and I’ve got a new low fat Pizza Express pizza in the fridge for when I get home and the others are all enjoying curry or kababs. So wish me luck and hope that all this pre planning helps.
In other news:
- I tried (again) to donate blood, I even booked this time. They just didn’t seem to get my booking! So I will try again next time. I really need to get this done before September since that’s when my sister goes home and I want to get the tattoo before she goes.
- My friend has invited me camping in August, so guess who might be completing #9 Sleep under the stars.
- Next Tuesday is my last day of school! I’ve been there for 1 and a half years but now I’ve decided that I want to move back to London for the next school year. I’ve got myself a job lined up in the SE, now I’m just looking for a flat, which is a lot harder then it sounds. But we’ve got to be out of my current flat by August 14th so on Wednesday I’m headed back down to London with the sole purpose of finding somewhere to live.
- I’m loving the weather at the moment. Don’t get me wrong it is bloody HOT but at the same time, I’m enjoying it a lot more then I would have even 6 months ago. I don’t have to wear a cardy if I’m wearing short sleeves and I can wear dresses without having to wear tights!! No uncomfortable chafing any more it seems. I would like to take a trip this summer, somewhere with a pool/beach just to get the opportunity to wear a swimsuit without covering up completely. What sort of things are you looking forward to this summer?
Until next time (hopefully with better news),