So I’ve left the UK. I gave up my flat, packed up all my stuff to be shipped back to New Zealand and sorted what I needed for the next three months into a backpack.
However, I never booked a ticket back to New Zealand, only as far as Europe.
The other night we began really looking at flights (only to Asia but one step closer to New Zealand, and more importantly out of Europe) Ad was about to book it and then
I freaked out
By this I mean I declared I no longer wanted to go back to New Zealand. I wanted to keep travelling and not go back to settle down, because let’s face it that’s what’s going to be happening, considering earlier that day we’d actually googled the property market where we wanted to live. I was fine with it then but now…
It took me awhile to calm down and a lot of patience on Ads part.
I think looking back now on my freak out there are several reasons why
1. In the UK if things didn’t work out the way I wanted then I would reason that I could go back to NZ and it would be better, but now I’m going back, I’ve got nowhere to fall back on and what if it’s not what I expected?
2. What if everything has changed? Or what if nothing changed?
There are a few more reasons but I think rather then focusing on the negatives, I need to think about the positives, including
1. Getting to see my family and getting to know nephews and nieces born while I’ve been away,
2. Getting to plan a wedding, and buying a house (eventually)
3. Realising how much more I need to explore New Zealand and doing it
4. Exploring and getting to know a new blogging community in New Zealand.
So I think as much as I don’t believe I’m ready, I need to do this, I need. To book that ticket (to at least halfway home) in fact I might go do it now…
So tips for visiting Bangkok? Or what’s you opinion on Cambodia vs. Vietnam? We’ll have about 2weeks in one of them, or is there somewhere else we should see?